Dentures and partials are two of the most popular dental solutions for patients missing most or all of their teeth. These dental prostheses can improve your smile’s aesthetics and functionality and promote better dental health.
Dr. Best at Marlayna C. Best in Andover, New Jersey, and Best Dental Care NJ in Newton, New Jersey, has enriched the lives of dozens of patients using state-of-the-art dentures and partial dentures and can help you restore your smile with the best treatments and procedures.
Dentures & Partials: What Are They?
Dentures and partials are removable oral appliances that replace missing teeth. They are recommended for patients who have lost several or most of their natural teeth due to decay, accidents, trauma, or gum disease.
These oral appliances enable you to eat and speak just like you did with your natural teeth, allowing you to maintain a good diet and a stable social life. On top of this, dentures and partials also prevent your facial structure from changing and keep you looking youthful.
How Are Dentures and Partials Made?
Getting dentures or partials typically takes a few weeks and a few dental appointments with Dr. Best.
Here are the steps involved in the procedure from the time you schedule your first consultation:
- On your first visit, Dr. Best will assess your oral health to determine the best options for your situation.
- Next, Dr. Best will create a model of the denture you will be fitted with. Dr. Best will take several measurements and do several tests to ensure the most comfortable fit and help you choose the best color and shape for your dentures or partials.
- Once these steps are completed, Dr. Best will send all the data to the laboratory that manufactures dentures and partials.
- The last step is placing the dentures or partials and making any required adjustments to ensure the best fit.
How to Care for Your Dentures & Partials?
Here is a list of things you should do to ensure your dentures or partials last for a long time:
- Rinse your dentures after you eat to remove food debris.
- Brush the dentures with a soft-bristled brush to keep them clean.
- Regularly clean your mouth, including the jaw, cheeks, tongue, and roof of the mouth, to remove bacteria.
- Store the dentures in water when you're not using them.
Reach out to Dr. Best and our staff at Best Dental Care for more information on dentures and partials. Call our Newton, New Jersey, office at (973) 383-5700 or our Andover, New Jersey, office at (973) 786-5588.
Ready to schedule a consultation?