In 1965, Swedish orthopedic surgeon Per Ingvar Branemark completed the first implant surgery. Since then, dental implants have become the staple of tooth replacement procedures.
Dental implants are titanium posts drilled into your jawbone that replace damaged or decayed tooth roots.
Dr. Best at Best Dental Care NJ in Newton, New Jersey, is a member of several apex dental health bodies in the country and very experienced in dental implant procedures. Dr. Best can help restore your confidence and smile and give you a new lease on life.
How Is a Dental Implant Placed?
Dental implant surgery is similar to any outpatient surgical procedure. Once you arrive at our office in Newton, New Jersey, Dr. Best, and the team will seat you comfortably and give you a sedative before starting the process.
Next, Dr. Best will drill into your jawbone and place the titanium screw-like post before closing the incision.
The entire surgery takes 1 to 2 hours to complete for one implant. After the surgery, the implant will fuse with the jawbone through a naturally occurring process called osseointegration.
Once you heal and the implant is fully integrated into the jawbone, Dr. Best will place an artificial tooth on the implant to complete the tooth replacement procedure and restore your smile.
What Are the Advantages of Dental Implants?
Dental implants offer both functional and cosmetic benefits. These include:
- Dental implants resemble natural teeth and improve the aesthetics of your smile and face.
- Implants fuse with your jawbone and are, therefore, a permanent solution for replacing missing tooth roots.
- Implants enable you to eat and chew any type of food.
- Implants restore your teeth’s original functionality and strength.
- Implants improve your speech.
- Implants are easy to maintain and require a standard oral care routine that includes brushing and flossing every day.
Why Choose Best Dental Care
Dr. Best is a member of the American Dental Association, the Academy of General Dentistry, and the New Jersey Dental Association, among others. She has dedicated her life to transforming the lives of thousands of patients from Newton and surrounding towns.
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Best by calling our Newton, New Jersey, office at (973) 383-5700. You can also schedule an appointment online.
Ready to schedule a consultation?