A bridge is a dental prosthetic that can fill the gap left by one or several missing teeth. It is made of a pontic (artificial tooth or teeth) that is supported on either side by your natural teeth or by crowns.
Dental bridges are usually made from materials like metal, porcelain, or ceramic. Given how resistant and discreet they are, porcelain bridges have become one of the most popular choices in recent years.
At Marlayna C. Best and Best Dental Care NJ in Andover and Newton, New Jersey, Dr. Best offers patients premium bridge options and treatments to give them a smile they can be proud about.
What Are the Benefits of a Dental Bridge?
A dental bridge’s primary purpose is to replace missing teeth. It offers the following main benefits:
- Restoring your ability to chew food properly
- Restoring your smile
- Maintaining the shape of your face
- Improving your bite
- Preventing your teeth from moving out of position
What Happens During a Dental Bridge Procedure?
Getting a dental bridge requires at least two visits to one of our dental offices in Andover or Newton, New Jersey.
- On your first visit, Dr. Best will reshape the supporting teeth by removing part of the enamel.
- Next, Dr. Best will take an impression of your teeth and send the data to a laboratory that will deliver the bridge in a few days. Dr. Best will fit you with a temporary bridge to protect the exposed areas from damage until the permanent bridge is ready.
- On your next visit, Dr. Best will check the fit of the dental bridge and finally cement it in place.
Why Choose Best Dental Care?
Dr. Marlayna C. Best has dedicated the last decade to helping thousands of people in Newton and Andover, New Jersey, maintain vibrant and healthy smiles. As a member of the American Dental Association (ADA), the American Education Association (ADEA), the New Jersey Dental Association (NJDA), and the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD), Dr. Best aims to provide comfortable and affordable dental care for all her patients.
To learn more about bridges and their benefits, schedule a consultation with Dr. Best by calling our Newton, New Jersey, office at (973) 383-5700 or our Andover, New Jersey, office at (973) 786-5588. You can also schedule an appointment online.
Ready to schedule a consultation?